- Veronica was being quite bossy to Thomas, giving him many potential consequences for not eating his dinner. I explained to her that her input was not necessary and that she was not the boss. She looked at me with genuine surprise and said, “Oh, I forgot!”
- “You need to hide somewhere I can’t find you. I’ll show you… Hide here. Now I’ll go count.”
- She’s so proud to be Grandma’s pal, “Grandma, I’m 61.”
- “Hey! A baby cow is a calf – just like a calf-ateria at school!”
- I asked, “What song would you like me to sing to you tonight, Veronica?” She replied, “It’s something very special to me. It’s something we haven’t sung in a long time.” I questioned, “What is it? (I was very curious as she has asked for Rudolph EVERY night, sometimes twice, for the last 18 months.) Her answer, “You have to be quiet when I ask you. It’s very special to me. It’s… Spiderman!!”
- Playing in the tub, I overheard her say, “You make everything difficult and I’m so not nervous by you! You’re everything I’ve always wanted. I love you, Papa!”
- “Our friend, Jesus; and our sister and brother, Julianne and David; and Santa – they are the only ones who can see us right now. Right, Mama?”
- We were playing Uno with Wheel of Fortune kids’ meal cards, so Thomas was making up things as he went. Stacking the deck (not to win, just to have his favorite looking cards). He said, “I want the ‘well done’ card.” (Wild?) When he won he was quite proud and said, “Yeah, but I cheated you.”
- “Mama, is this mine from when I was a little boy?”
- He’s been quite interested in “tip, tap, toe.” (tic, tac, toe)
- “Daddy, I like this book, Hop on Pop. Daddy, sometime can we hop on you?”
- “You know why Pa, Curt and Uncle Danny are so silly? Because God made them that way.”
- “Mommy, is daycare too exciting for us? Is it too happy for us?”
- One morning Thomas woke to find scratches all over his hand this morning (probably from playing in the bushes the day before). He said, “Someone thought this was my boo-boo collection, but it’s not. It’s my boo-boos.”
- While watching Veronica singing as she rode away on her bike, “She’s an exciting girl.”
- “It’s not a very school day because I’m so sleepy.” Translation: I’m tired because I was up at 4 am asking if tomorrow is Christmas and then very upset because it’s so far away. That, and I look for an excuse not to go to school everyday.
- “My head is dizzy with words,” said as he spins around and collapses on the couch… His response to my criticism of his whining.
- Reading, “Jesus loves me, this I ka-n-ah-wa” I interject, “That ‘k’ is silent, so it says ‘know.’” His response, “That’s crazy! That’s not very nice to do!” I think my boy understands phonics just right.
- Passing by Julianne and David’s gravesite, “Wait, Mommy. We have to say a prayer. Thank you God for giving Julianne and David up to Heaven. I love Julianne Jane and David Thomas. Amen.”
- One night at bedtime, Thomas asked, “Mom will you ask God to fight the bad guys? ALL the bad guys?” I answered, “Thomas, God can hear everything you so, so he just heard you ask.” Impatiently, he said, “Will you just ask Him already?”
Both
K: We’re heading to Bethlehem.
T: OK. Take care of Him and He’ll grow a long time.
V: I’ll get his bed ready.
**************************************
V: Mama, could you please sing me one more song?
Me: I already did that. It’s time for bed.
V: But, I’m scared and I need one more song. Can Thomas sing to me?
Me: Yes.
V: Can you ask him? (I ask)…
T: Long pause followed by a sigh… I can sing her 12 songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment