Sunday, January 30, 2011

Girl Time

I was fortunate enough to spend a weekend with a good friend. Her husband gave her a "girls' weekend" for Christmas, and, because I have an awesome husband who encourages these things, I reaped the benefits!

We had a wonderful time. We played games, took a nap, went shopping in stores we would never dream of enjoying with the kids. I felt so chic staying downtown with a nice view...
We had good food...

Wait. That's not what I ate. That's from the antique mall we visited.

I missed the kids, but I knew they were having a great time with Daddy. They even sent me proof:

I received a text that told me Veronica's last words on Saturday night were shouted out in my direction: "We love you, Mommy! You're our pal!"

We met up with our families at the Little Flower Open House where I was instantly attacked by two beautiful four-year-olds who seemed to have grown an inch in a day and a half. Veronica stayed snuggled on my lap during presentations while Thomas worked diligently on "fixing" my hair.

After a little lunch reunion at home, Veronica went shopping with me for some girl-time, leaving the guys to their own thing. We found some tap dancing shoes and dance clothes for our new class at a consignment shop. Veronica did not want Thomas left out. She helped me pick out a tie for Thomas.

We proceeded to Meijer where she put her baby (now named Annie) in the seat of the cart and pushed (or pulled part of the time) the cart throughout the entire store. While in the cold food section, Veronica opened each refrigerator and freezer for me. She would also open the one next to it just to make sure we didn't need anything there. She gave me detailed lists and stories and outlines on how we shop, why we need things, what girls do.

We we got back to the car, she had to put her baby in her car seat of course. And she had to do it TEN times. I caught some video the last time. They grow up so fast.







No comments: