We decided to try out a local community center's dance class. I'd heard nice things about it as in it wasn't over-priced and the parents help with costumes and backdrops for recitals to keep the costs low. I'd also learned that the teacher was really good. I figured it was a good way to introduce the kids to it since they'd been putting on dance shows for me in the evenings.
Veronica, who had asked to take dance lessons after being on stage for the Christmas recital, suddenly was scared to death of the lessons. "I don't want to be on stage!" Even assuring her that she did not have to do a recital was not enough. Thomas said he didn't want to do it at all. I told them they could both watch the first time.
We went with our friend, Kasey, who is normally the MOST outgoing of the three. All three were very shy in meeting the teacher, but perked up when she had them trying on tap shoes. The girls liked walking around in their tap shoes, but when the class started - they stayed in the back for most of it. Kasey ventured out after a while and did a few things. Thomas, on the other hand, was right by the teacher's side. He did everything she did, move for move, like he'd taken lessons for a year! The teacher commented on how good he was. I didn't tell her Dick VanDyke taught him everything he knows.
When class was over, all the kids got a piece of candy... but those who participated got an additional piece of bubble gum!! Veronica and Kasey insist they will dance next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment