Friday, May 7, 2010

When The Sun Sets on Mother's Day

I have met an amazing friend who shares a slightly different, yet parallel start to Motherhood... I want to repost her blog today. She touches on the grief of infertility and loss of children - two things that are often ignored around Mother's Day.

As overwhelming it continues to be to live without holding ALL my children, it has also connected me to some other AMAZING mothers who live with the same full, wonderful, but bittersweet days of raising half your brood. And, it has drawn me to other mothers who have had to work so hard to just bring their children into the world and keep them healthy.

As I have watched other friends suffer with infertility, I know that they are already parents - their hearts are so full of love and yearning for children that they overflow with the grief for the child they cannot hold and the hopeless uncertainty that they may never hold.

I ask you to listen to what Flesworthy is saying in Mothers Day: Still Kinda Sucky and watch the video attached to it. Give your babies an extra hug, don't take them for granted, pray for those who struggle with parenthood, and don't ever ask a person, "So when are you going to get pregnant?" - you just don't know how sharp that knife is. They may have been with a sad outcome, they may want to be more than anything.

No comments: