Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wordful Wednesday

V:
  • I think I mentioned before that she has told me, "When I was a baby, I had a drink in your tummy and then played with Thomas. I always assumed she was talking about when I was pregnant, as she is fascinated with when she was "in my tummy." However this week she wanted me to play dolls with her. She decided her baby needed a drink, so she tucked her in her shirt to feed her - like she sees her friends' mommies do with their new babies.
  • "Thomas, I'm going to college one day."
  • "It's gonna be cool... or something."
  • She really enjoys helping out - getting the table ready, pouring cereal, loading the dishwasher. Quite the Mommy's helper... when she wants to!
  • As we were getting to go in a store, she said, "Maybe they will have a wash-sha-chine we can ride in." (I believe she was talking about a grocery cart.)

T:

  • Captain Camerica = Captain America
  • "The q says 'kwuh'. Kwuh, kwuh, duck." (I think he meant quack.)
  • "I don't like you..."
  • ... 10 minutes later: "You are the coziest Mommy in the world. I love you, Mommy."
  • While Veronica was giving a concert the other night, Thomas was writing up tickets for Judson. When he handed them to him, he would say, "compliments of your friendly neighborhood Spiderman..."
  • He wears his Spiderman costume A LOT. When he's ready to take it off, he often says, "I don't want to be Spiderman anymore. I just want to be Thomas."

Both:

  • In Costco the other day... V: What's your problem, T? T: (loudly) MY HOUSE IS TOOOOO NOISY. What's your problem, Sissy? V: (whispered) my house is too quiet. (repeated many times)
  • Both are very interested in reading. They make up stories and read books to each other. They move their fingers along the words and tell us what they say (or, what they think they say).

1 comment:

littletoesandcheerios said...

Isn't it amazing the things they come up with?! So cute!