The kids have been away from home for over two weeks. I did get to see them in the middle of it all, and I know they were having a great time at Mamak and Pa's but the homecoming couldn't have been sweeter.
I was working in the kitchen when they walked through the door. Veronica was on auto-pilot. She ran straight back to the kitchen until she was in my arms. After some big hugs, she wanted to read a book. That's where not-quite-awake Thomas found us as Mamak carried him in from the car. With his lids half open he said, "Where's my Daddy?" When he understood that Daddy was at work, he insisted on "I want to hold Mommy." We read books together until the sleepy boy decided he wanted to go to his bed. The bed had an alternative affect on my somnolent son. He oohed and aahed himself awake be taking inventory of his room, his bed, and all the many creatures that were right where he left them.
No comments:
Post a Comment