Monday, September 7, 2009

Fruits of My Labor Day Weekend

Judson and I headed south to see the twins at my parents' house. It was a great weekend to be home, as we got to see my brothers and their beautiful wives as well!

On Saturday, Danny and Dawn made it there long before I got moving. They took the kids garage saling. When I arrived, after a week without seeing them, I got a lot of huge hugs! Thomas promptly introduced me to the "scary" (a good thing) dinosaur he got at a rummage sale. Veronica hopped in my lap and apparently was speaking "bunny" to me while showing off her new stuffed pet.

Later in the day, Thomas started throwing himself on the ground, into couches, or onto pillows, yelling, "MY BODY!" It took us a while to make the correlation: Earlier in the day, Danny was picking up each kid and throwing them onto a bed, letting them know it was a body slam.


On Sunday I was trying to sleep in, but I have never been so happy not to be sleeping in. Veronica and Thomas insisted on seeing me. Veronica kept stroking my arm and my belly while Thomas simply snuggled and sweetly whispered, "Mommy" over and over.


Thad and Paula showed up later. Thomas and Thad had a great time looking at a map, discussing the different routes they could take. Paula had fun with bath tub games with the kids. As Thad and Paula were leaving, Thomas became to interested in heading downstairs to say good-bye. However, he did holler back to Paula, "Bye! See you on the next street... on the map!"


On Monday, Danny made a quick trip back up with some friends to see the NV Rummage Frenzy. He made his friend pull over in Vernon when he saw a Curious George doll at a road-side sale. (Danny - a George fan himself - was known to keep close tabs on his George most of his life.) Danny walked into Mamak's house, held George out for Thomas. Thomas simply squealed, hugged George as tightly as he could, and then ran off to put George in his bed. He ran back to grab Danny and show him where he had George resting.

No comments: