What a beautiful day in the mid 60’s… in DECEMBER!
We went to a program at the Central Library about the body. Thomas got to dress as a surgeon. (See the middle guy in the shorts!) After the program, they asked the kids to fill out an evaluation form. Veronica took hers very seriously. She filled in every blank on her own. The last question was, “What did you learn that was new?” I named several things, like how many feet of nerves were in a square inch of skin, bones are alive, etc. She insisted she already knew all of that. Finally, something I said was new to her today: “Bacteria stinks.” And that is what she wrote.
After the program, Thomas and Daddy spent an hour searching through books. Veronica and I snuggled up in a cozy chair.
Then, we shared a plate of noodles and hiked around the Circle, taking in the Christmas lights and people. (Oh, and of course getting a treat at the chocolate shop!) It was a beautiful day, spent with the most beautiful people I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment