When the presentation was over and all the water had been moved to it’s appropriate places, Thomas approached the docent with questions. Then, he proceeded to look at the diagram and explain (as best he could) the workings of the clock to her. Kasey and Veronica joined right in. They all gave a pretty good dissertation.
The docent told Thomas he could be a scientist. I echoed her sentiments, and he replied, “No, Mom. Remember? I’m going to be an eye doctor.” I mentioned that he’d be a scientist if he studied the eye. He talked about going to school for it. Then, “Or no, Mom, maybe I’ll be a knight.
I replied, “I don’t know where any schools are for knights around here.”
Of course, he knew the reason. “No, Mom, I know what knights do. They fight. I don’t have to go to school for that.”
After all that science, we had to go learn a little about fashion. We headed to the Barbie exhibit where the girls worked hard at play and Thomas enjoyed being a photographer. As we were readying to leave, they started an activity where the kids could participate in a fashion show. They taught them how to walk the cat walk and even primped them up. They could tell Thomas, the only boy at the special event, wasn’t into the make-up and offered him the job of official DJ. He even got to scratch records. Thomas took his job quite seriously. Kasey and Veronica were seriously shy.
No comments:
Post a Comment