Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wordful Wednesday

Veronica

  • “Airports are airplane cities.”
  • Veronica is quite interested in bras. She doesn’t quite know the difference in the names of the braziers and the “equipment” that goes in them. Excited to see some spaghetti-strapped tops in her summer wardrobe, she held one up, “Mom, are these my breasts?!?!?”
  • At Costco for lunch one day we sat at a table next to 4 business men working on a crossword puzzle over pizza. “They’re having a boy day!”
  • “Will we be able to go to Target in Heaven?”
  • It’s hard to remember all the funny little things she’s said lately. It goes along with her conversations and actions. In the drug store, she showed Thomas “her work”, taking objects off the shelf and explaining the products to him. The has been giving tours of the library as if she is the librarian. She is quite the disciplined teacher. Almost everything can be sung about now.
  • While watching the royal wedding, I asked Veronica who she wanted to marry. She replied, “Daddy.” I said, “He’s my Prince Charming.” She smiled at me and said, “Mine, too.”

Thomas

  • While reading the “list” he wrote about what he wants to be when he grows up: “All this writing here is a list of what I want to be when I grow up. (Nose wrinkles) I was going to be a rock star, but… now I don’t think so. Maybe I can be an astronaut.” Today he decided he wanted to be a writer.
  • Thomas used the word “scurry” when telling me what they did. I told him that was a great word and asked where he learned it. His reply, “It’s mechanical. I just knew it.”
  • “I’ve been digging in the dirt so Veronica can build an ant house.”
  • About the thorns on Rosebushes: “They’re spikey, like Uncle Danny’s hair.”
  • An angry Thomas, “You’re not my grandson anymore!” My calm reply, “That’s ok, Thomas, you were never my grandson. I will always love you.” His rebuttal, “Oh, well… I’m not your cousin anymore!” I replied, “That’s fine, you never will be my cousin.” He looked a little defeated and baffled and said, “What am I?”
  • “Holy Galaxies! Is that a beanstalk?”

No comments: