Yesterday started out grand. School was cancelled due to the excessive ice everywhere, but people we finally starting to try out the roads. Judson said it wasn’t too bad, so we, along with some of our twin friends decided to utilize our Rhythm Discovery Center coupons and burn some energy.
We woke early, so we enjoyed a tea party with our personally hand painted tea set (compliments of Aunt Peggy).
Next, the sky fell. Literally. An ice dam formed on our roof, forcing a deeper layer of melting ice to head through our roof and ceiling.
Fortunately, Mom and Dad were able to take the kids that evening so I could focus on saving as much as I could and calling contractors.
We drove to Edinburgh to meet Mom. Thomas insisted that I take pictures of the gorgeous sunset.
However, I was scared to death the whole drive down. The 3-4 inch layer of ice I could not get to budge on the roof and hood of the CRV suddenly seemed like a deadly weapon.
We beat Mom to McDonald’s where I started to try and chisel at the ice again. A national guardsmen who had just finished a three month tour in Kuwait came over and offered to help. He started hitting the ice. (That’s how I got off what I did originally, but apparently I wasn’t strong enough to get the thickest layers.) The twins were still in the car and he laughed at Veronica’s bewildered look at his actions. I glanced to notice Thomas in the backseat, helping… air-boxing.
Mom was such the martyr that she took on the kids to a play date I had scheduled with two other sets of her sisters’ grandchildren. I was sad to miss it as I cherished time with my cousins (these kiddos’ mothers). I did get sent pictures of the occasion…
Upon our return I went to check on our neighbors. She fell yesterday and broke her shoulder. He is still recovering from a massive stroke. They still had the Christmas presents they’d been trying to get to Veronica and Thomas. They went them home with me. Of OURSE we had to open them asap. They were thrilled to receive “the thing I’ve always wanted” (both their words). Thomas got a hot wheels crash curve set and veronica got a princess costume – complete with HIGH HEELS (“I never thought I’d get these!”) and clip on earrings. She named herself Princess Melataina.
No comments:
Post a Comment